Welcome to the forums at Aria Ready.
As an emerging or fully professional singer you are required to have it all. You have to have a beautiful voice and body, great performing and socializing skills, and the ability to cope with preparing for or dealing with a career and all the rest of what life throws your way. This is a place to learn to better cope with all of these elements, one topic at a time.
Here in the Aria Ready Forums, you have instant access to answers to questions that were generated by people just like you, and discussions with singers at all levels of their career journey. The Aria Ready Bootcamps and master classes I present during the year, as well as my participation in the adjudication of competitions like the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions, have put me in close contact with singers all over the world and the knowledge and information I gain from them continues to energize me in my mission to assist you in getting to know the person behind the artist. Take a look at the sections below to get a better idea of the depth of the topics covered here. Give yourself the resources to help move you forward on your career path with confidence.
- Business Skills and ToolsHere’s where the rubber meets the road! For many of you the realization that you need to become business savvy in order to have a career in the performance industry might seem foreign. Every successful business is about creating and maintaining relationships, is not personal or emotional but a job that needs you to expand your thinking to include some new tools, skills and ideas that work just for you. It’s learning to create at strategy, a master plan to follow, with Tactics, how to go about implementing this plan that helps keep you on point. So…this Forum is a safe place to ask questions, have discussions, share your experiences and recommend what you have learned and how it has worked for you or not.
- 1 year, 5 months ago
- Personal Development and BrandingBefore you can successfully map out the business aspects for building a singing career, you need to make the time to understand the product you will be marketing and selling. The product of course, is you the singer/performer. You want to be able to present and represent your Personal Brand in a consistent way to all. It gives you the confidence to be more of who you are than you have ever been before as you gain experience and move forward. It’s time to jump in and start a conversation about how to find your strengths, how to step outside your comfort zone successfully, how do to feel the fear and do it anyway, how to get better at organizing and at networking, what are some ways to calm the “Brat,” you know that inner voice that speaks to us in not so nice terms at the most inappropriate times, etc. Everyone experiences all of these things during their lifetime but rarely has a safe opportunity to talk to others so you understand you are not the lone ranger. It’s time for sharing.
- 1 year, 8 months ago
- Honing Our CraftEven after years of professional engagements, many singers can find the task of learning roles, mastering technique, creating opportunities for practice, and other necessities of preparing themselves to be daunting. In what ways do you sometimes struggle to feel prepared and what methods do you use to overcome them? What are your favorite resources and what wisdom has been shared with you by others? This is the place to talk shop!
- 1 year, 8 months ago
- Health & FitnessWe all know how incredibly important it is for a singer to stay healthy, but it can be difficult to do when life, job, family, traveling, performing, etc. and being around crowds of folks who are sick are part of the equation. What tips or tricks do you have to share? What questions or suggestions do you have about specific subjects that you would like to share? Things like taking a new medication before an audition or performance, or perhaps what workout regimen works for you when you are on the road? It’s always great to get fresh ideas about staying healthy.
- 1 year, 8 months ago
- Campfire StoriesHave a “Life of a Singer” story that you’d like to share? What’s the funniest, scariest or most ridiculous thing that has ever happened to you onstage? Have you ever gotten feedback from an audience member that blew your mind because it was so touching or hateful?
- 1 year, 9 months ago
- Business Skills and Tools